Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Brevity

So I'm going to Cleveland. OHIO.

IT"S SNOWING THERE.

I should be excited.

But to be honest I'm terrified beyond a doubt.

This wasn't the year I envisioned. But to be honest, this wasn't the past three years I had envisioned either.

And yet I wouldn't give it up. I couldn't. Too much good is intertwined with the bad that sometimes it's hard to differentiate. Sometimes all I look back and see is goodness. Sometimes all I can see is hardship.

But right now all I see is the frightening path that lies ahead. The great unknown that is a three week program of getting better or learning  how to fake it. In a town miles and miles from home, family and friends.

I've always been one to take the plunge first, but for the first time in my life, I'm hesitating. Have I just gained common sense or is this something in me that's begun to think I really will be like this forever? Neither will help me.

Whether I'm ready or not, the ground is about to drop out, so I need to find a parachute and find it fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment